About Me

My photo
Who? Me??? I am a songwriter. I am fortunate enough to be able to sing most of them as well. LOL. Well, some would scrunch there faces when I open up, but most folks like the songs well enough to forgive my less than stellar voicing. Writing songs and stories brings me great joy. If I get a major hit, I'd feel no differently about my writing as I do now, with my local following. I think that is the trick to a truly happy life. Being satisfied with the wonderful gifts that you have. Any thing else after those, well that's the gravy! Just remember, Food well cooked and seasoned can taste great without the gravy! But the best gravy in the world can't cover up a foul tasting portion! So, my philosophy is to try to be good at all that I do, and at the end of the day, feel my life is complete because I've lived the life I set out to have!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Up coming Festivals!

These are some of the Festivals that we Florida Folkies are familiar with.  But, for those who are just visiting this blog to find out where and when these fests are, please click on the links to follow them to the sites.  Remember, if you are an artist, the Will Fest due date for applications has passed, as it needed to be in by August 15th!   But, they are running a NEW songwriting contest this year which is being headed by Frank Thomas and Billy Dean!!!  Submissions need to be in by December 31st.    You can down load the form at www.willmclean.com     The Florida Folk Festival and The Sarasota Folk Festival have links to the side bar on the right side of the blog.  More links to come!  Keep checking back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment